This guide will help you install Mobolize | Save & Secure app for Android and quickly get acquainted with the application key features and benefits. The guide covers:
- Mobolize App Overview
- Installing Mobolize
- Enabling Mobolize
- Mobolize Overview
- Mobolize Secure Wi-Fi
- Mobolize Data Doubler
- Mobolize Safe Web
Mobolize App Overview
Mobolize is an All-in one Mobile Data Protection app. Three awesome features to keep your phone secure: Secure Wi-Fi (public Wi-Fi hotspot protection), Data Doubler (protecting you from going over your data plan), and Safe Web (malware protection).
- Protects your security and privacy when you use public Wi-Fi hotspots, so hackers can’t eavesdrop.
- Prevents data overages:
- Lets you watch twice as many videos, with less stalling
- Lets you do more online, like social media, news and browsing, with your current data plan
- Blocks known malware and phishing sites to keep your phone secure.
You begin by downloading the Mobolize application from the Google Play Store.
- From your mobile device go to the Google Play Store and search for Mobolize or touch the following link Get Mobolize.
- Touch “INSTALL” when you find Mobolize.
- When prompted for App permissions touch “ACCEPT” to continue.
NOTE you will not see this if you are running Android 5.0 or later.
- After touching “ACCEPT” the Mobolize application will begin to download.
- After the application finishes downloading, touch “OPEN” to launch Mobolize.
- After you touch “OPEN” you will be prompted to allow Mobolize to create a VPN connection on your mobile device to begin Data Savings.
NOTE: if your phone is running Android 4.0 – 4.4 you will also need to check a box that reads “I trust this application”
- Touch “OK” to turn Mobolize on.
Mobolize is an All-in one Mobile Data Protection app. Three awesome features to keep your phone secure:
- Safe Web (malware protection)
- Secure Wi-Fi (public hotspot protection), and
- Data Doubler (protecting you from going over your data plan).
- The Mobolize icon and VPN key will be displayed on your device’s status bar to indicate the application is running.
- To access Mobolize, look for and touch the Mobolize icon on your home screen or in your app drawer to open Mobolize:
- Touching the application name will open the feature to turn it On/Off and adjust settings. Detailed use of each feature is covered in the this user guide. Click on the links below to access each section:
- Secure Wi-Fi
- Data Doubler
- Safe Web
- Touch “SECURE WIFI” to open.
- Touching the “ON/OFF” button will turn the Secure Wi-Fi service On and Off.
- Displays how many Wi-Fi sessions have been protected in the past 30 days.
- Displays how many MBs of data have been protected by Secure Wi-Fi in the past 30 days.
- Allows you to select what types of Wi-Fi networks to secure. NOTE: The default setting protects Open and WEP Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Allows you to select the server location to secure your internet traffic. NOTE: the default Auto select setting automatically chooses the best option.
- Touch “DATA DOUBLER” to open.
- Touching the “ON/OFF” button will turn the Data Doubler service On and Off.
- Displays how many MBs of data you have saved by using Data Doubler in the last 30 days.
- Allows you to set the data savings level of Data Doubler from the following options:
- Minimum: Caching Only,
- Standard: Caching and Standard compression
- Maximum: Caching, maximum compression and video optimization (default)
- Allows you to choose how much free storage space on your device will be used for caching. Options: 5%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. Note: The allocated storage for caching is always available for use by your phone and will automatically be reduced by Mobolize as your free storage is used.
- Touch “SAFE WEB” to open.
- Touching the “ON/OFF” button will turn the Safe Web service On and Off. NOTE: by default, Safe Web service is turned off.
- Displays how many web requests have been scanned by Safe Web in the past 30 days.
- Displays how many malicious items have been blocked by Safe Web in the past 30 days.
- Allows you to select the protection level from the following options:
- Malware only.
- Phishing only.
- Malware and Phishing.
To access the Mobolize Help:
- Open the Mobolize application.
- Touch on the menu button on your device and touch “Help”.
- Report Problem – will open the Report Problem form that allows you to submit a support case.
- Online documentation – will open the Mobolize support website in your device’s browser.
- FAQ – will open the FAQ section on the Mobolize support website in your device’s browser.
ABOUT: Covers the Mobolize app items listed below. Touch the desired item to access the content in your device’s web browser:
- Version, Copyright, Patents
- Mobolize website
- 3rd party licenses
- Terms of service
- Enter the following required information so we can investigate and contact you to address your issue:
- Your name
- Your email
- Description (A brief summary of your issue)
- More info (Provide any additional information or details about when and how your issue occurred. This will be helpful to diagnose and correct your issue)
- Make sure to leave the “Attach extra debugging information” box checked. This will provide us additional details to investigate and resolve your issue.
- Touch “Submit”.
- After you touch submit, you will see these 2 dialogs.
When you see the second dialog “Submit Problem Report” Touch “OK”
This will complete the submission process. Thank you. The Mobolize team appreciates your feedback which will be used to improve the application.